Amber DePace was a contestant during Cycle 13 of ANTM.
The then 18-year-old from Carlsbad, California was a student during her incredibly brief time on America’s Next Top Model.
During initial interviews on TV, Amber was an eccentric teenager with a love for Jesus. She came off abrasive and outwardly obnoxious initially, but seemed to have enough personality to be memorable on the show. Unfortunately, the viewers found out rather haphazardly that Lisa Ramos would be replacing Amber due to her leaving the show unexpectedly. Tyra said she left due to “personal issues.”
There’s been much speculation on why Amber withdrew from the competition; here are a few theories thrown around on ANTM message boards:
- She failed to pass the psych exam. (All girls are required to pass a psych exam before going on the show.)
- It was discovered she had a serious eating disorder. (She was 5’8 and weighed 95 pounds during initial interviews.)
- Bankable Productions found out that she was an actress trying to kick-start her acting career using the show as a platform for her antics.
- Her strong bible/religious beliefs and/or mental instability may clash with others in the house.
- She was a plant hired by 4Chan for Funny or Die as comic relief and/ or a publicity stunt.
Since the show, Amber has signed with ExploreTalent and New Faces Models and Talent. It’s also been discovered that she is an actress active with a youth theater group in Carlsbad, CA.
To view more photos of Amber, click here.